**To check out more about Simply Organic’s Steam Gourmet Line and to help me win the Win @ Blogging Grand Prize (a ton of blogging goodies that will help me bring you more recipes this year) PLUS be entered to win prizes for YOURSELF follow this link: http://bit.ly/19msUDo. Simply Organic is giving away prizes until the end of February so head on over to vote!
Hello EASY and delicious dinner, cooked in 1 parchment paper bag (sides and all!), with minimal cleanup. Is this real life?? Yes! With Simply Organic’s new Steam Gourmet line this can happen in your kitchen in 40 minutes. 🙂
When the folks over at Simply Organic reached out to me to try their new product, it was an obvious win-win situation for me! I get to work with a brand that I already know and love, AND I get to bring their new product to your attention so you can try it as well. Since I was already familiar with some of their products I was confident this would be something that my family would enjoy because it is a simple, easy way to get a healthy dinner on the table. With baseball season right around the corner, I’m going to need minimal effort, maximum flavor meals that I can have prepared when my son gets home from school. Enter this glorious product that requires little to no brain power when you have nothing left to give on a busy day when you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off, trying to get your child dressed for a game, while looking for hats/gloves/other baseball related items that are seemingly right in front of your face. Whew! I know. Been there, done that! Did I mention easy, delicious, no brain power?
I have to admit, I did really enjoy the Cheesy Stuffed Garlic and Herb Chicken that I cooked up for a few reasons:
- No potentially harmful plastic bags that other seasoning kits often come with.
- My sides were cooked in the bag too, allowing the seasoning packet to season the whole meal.
- A protein/veggie/starch meal all in 40 minutes!
- After preparing this I only had two dishes to wash. TWO!!!! (cutting board, glass baking pan that was almost clean already)
- Organic seasoning packets contain mostly 100% spices, and very little sodium. Most of the time you’ll find companies using an array of random, unpronounceable ingredients in seasoning packets, with LOADS of sodium. After I started reading ingredient labels I got rid of all of those packets I may have used before because I realized the main ingredients weren’t spices at all. Something just didn’t seem right about that. Simply Organic hit the nail on the head by using real spices, and you can definitely taste the difference.
- There is no need to add any extra fats or oils to your parchment bag, so if you are looking to cut calories or are on a diet the Steam Gourmet line would be an awesome addition to your weekly meal prep.
When I was asked to create a recipe using one of their new products, I really wanted to keep the integrity of what the product was. Simple, EASY, quick, real. I didn’t want to add a bunch of extra steps because I felt that took away from the whole concept. What better way to do that then stuff a little cheese inside the chicken breast and Viola! Done! So I grabbed the Garlic and Herb Steam Gourmet box, pulled out one seasoning packet and one parchment bag (each kit comes with two of each) and added two slices of provolone cheese to each breast after they were seasoned. Truth: I even used a paper plate to dip the chicken in the seasoning. Gahhhh! Seriously I don’t have a dishwasher and dishes are my worst enemy. Please don’t judge. 🙂
So I threw everything in the parchment bag, folded that baby up and about 10 minutes later a glorious smell filled my kitchen. Then I had to wait another 30 minutes to actually taste it. Perhaps a con? A small one but yes!
Why yes that is cheese and seasoning on those green beans! 🙂