Friends… this one is no joke. This Sundried Tomato Feta Baked Salmon is the best salmon I have ever made! Not only does it taste absolutely amazing, it is SO EASY to make. I repeat SO EASY.
I have mentioned, I am about to pop. About to pop as in numerous strangers have asked me if I am having twins. The conversation usually goes something like this:
Stranger: “Oh my, when are you due?”
Stranger: “Wow, I thought you were going to say next week! Are you sure there is only one in there?”
Me: “Yes, I’ve carried all of my kids like this.”
Stranger: “Your belly is really low! Thank goodness you are all belly! This must be your first child!”
Me: “No, I actually have 4 boys already.”
Stranger: *Now completely stunned. “My word you have your hands full.”
Me: “No shit.”
Ok so maybe I just smile and walk away, but seriously folks if one more person tells me I have my hands full. It is just a statement that has no answer. It is awkward. It is annoying. Find a more encouraging statement!
**Pregnant rant over. Just leave the preggo ladies alone from now on.
Moving on to this Sundried Tomato Feta Baked Salmon. It is really all of my pregnant dreams come true. PLUS it is healthy and provides little unnamed babe with lots of healthy fats and proteins. I can’t say my diet has been entirely healthy throughout my entire pregnancy, but this is a meal that I can feel good about. It doesn’t even hurt my back or the rest of my body to make because it literally takes minutes to throw all the ingredients on the salmon, wrap it up in the foil, and bake! Instant pregnancy cravings gratification!
- There isn’t much to say about this recipe because it is super simple. The main tip I would suggest is making sure you generously season your salmon before baking. I used coarse kosher salt.
- I always look for sundried tomatoes that don’t contain sulfur dioxide. Mine came in a jar in oil and seasonings and were perfect because they weren’t super dry after being baked. I found the jarred ones in the healthy-ish section of the grocery store. The sulfur dioxide commonly added to the bagged ones is only there for color retention.
- If you are feeling adventurous, a squirt of lemon over this salmon would probably be a delicious addition!
Sundried Tomato Feta Baked Salmon
By January 19, 2018Published:
- Yield: 2-3 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Friends... this one is no joke. This Sundried Tomato Feta Baked Salmon is the best salmon I have ever made! Not only does it taste …
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 salmon filet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a large piece of tin foil on a sheet pan. make sure it is big enough to wrap the whole salmon.
- Sprinkle salmon with kosher salt. Top with garlic, sundried tomatoes and butter. Wrap foil around salmon and seal. Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove and top with feta crumbles.