We had some bananas get brown really quick, so it was banana bread time! I adapted an old banana bread recipe to make it with whole, natural ingredients and it turned out fantastic! Quick breads are just that… quick! It takes only a few minutes to put together and it is delicious. This bread it great for lunchboxes or after school snacks.
This recipe features whole spelt flour, whole wheat pastry flour, mascobado sugar, maple syrup, and salted butter. I love using salted butter in recipes like this for a little touch of saltiness to go with the sweet bananas.0
Whole Grain Banana Bread
By June 7, 2014Published:
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
Not your granny's banana bread made with highly refined oil, grains, and sugars!
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt I use pink himalayan
- 1 tsp cinnamon I use Frontier brand
- 1/2 cup mascobado sugar I use Alter Ego brand
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup salted butter I use organic grass fed. 1/2 cup equals 1 stick
- 4 over-ripe bananas
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract I use simply organic
- Mix all dry ingredients to combine evenly. Make a well in the center of your bowl for wet ingredients to go.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour wet ingredients into well in dry ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Prepare a loaf pan by lightly buttering the bottom and sides, I use a paper town with a dab of butter on it. Flour your loaf pan once it is buttered, then put mixture in pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.